SCAPE Public Art Season 2019 - citywide
Ōtautahi Christchurch’s outdoor spaces have been ignited with stunning new contemporary artworks and events for all as part of SCAPE’s Season 2019.
Running until 16 November, the citywide festival is your chance to enjoy more than a dozen new temporary artworks by local and internationally renowned artists, plus re-visit SCAPE’s impressive base of 15 permanent works, including the freshly unveiled VAKA ‘A HINA, by Sēmisi Fetokai Poutauaine in Rauora Park.
For the first time, this year you can vote for your favourite Season 2019 artwork – and be in to win return flights for two to China. The People Have Spoken! Anderson Lloyd People’s Choice Award has been generously sponsored by China Southern Airways and you can enter by simply filling in the Season survey on the SCAPE website.
The artworks are linked via the SCAPE Public Art Walkway and are complemented by a stimulating assortment of free interactive activities.
Most events are free of charge and include guided walks, art workshops, an exhibition at Tūranga Central Library and artist talks. Highlights include:
- Made in China Celebration, Saturday 19 October
- Re:ACTIVATE Aspiring Artists Finalists Exhibition
- Touch-Stones workshops – junior, young people’s and adult
- Guided walks
- Schools education programme, from 14 October
- Touch-Stones performance, parade and ceremonial installation, Saturday 16 November